Monday, November 28, 2011

#99 You gotta love the nineties

I got 99 problems and..naaah too cheesy. Uh, I kind of didn't wanna hit the 100 posts, for God knows what reason but it is gonna be a fact soon. Maybe. I have been thinking these days about the music from the 1990s and well it is the 99th post so I kind of decided to related them in a way which through my prism seems..logical.

I came acros couple of songs from the early or mid 1990s and I just could not help notice a slight..specific sound which is missing from the music nowadays. Don't get me wrong, we got amazing bands and I kind of stick to modern music, but some sometimes I miss the last decade or whatever I can remember of it. You might feel it listening to some of the recordings and watching the videos... or maybe it is just me.

Filter - Picture 

 ..could you take my pictureeeee, cause I won't remember

Sunny Day Real Estate - Circle

one of the earliest band of Nate Mendel, the bass player from Foo Fighters...and of course the bass line is mind crushing! The band itself is actually quite influential, they started the...emo movement although eventually it evolved in a makeup fashion trend related to bad music =/

....and something else similar to SDRE ..Texas is the Reason - Blue Boy

The Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 ...pure fucking classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment