Saturday, November 19, 2011

#96 A walk in the mist /various/

Was walking around the city today. I guess... around the late afternoon. There was a slight mist, which is not very surprising for this dark and gloomy place. So as I was minding my own business thinking about the everyday, not very remarkable things, a blind man passed me by...

uh..I had to rewrite the next couple of sentences cause it is really hard to express what exactly I want. But lets go back on the situation. You know, people always say that disabled people don't like compassion and people feeling sorry for them and I really do get them. I kind of try to inspire myself, because those people really deserve respect. They face obstacles beyond our imagination, cope with them, often win and keep pushing. I never paid much attention to the way blind people..deal with the everyday life and I don't know what made me pay attention to that particular man. He was also kind of going my direction (more or less) so I was walking behind him and was observing his movement. It was trully amazing. He was faster than many of the random people on the street and really precise in following..wherever he was going. That thing kept for like 5 minutes or so before we had to "part" ways - using his stick as a radar, he confidently took turn in a small street and I lost him out of sight. I don't know why I even talk about that but..such an everyday life thing, which I never thought before impressed me a lot. Kudos. Enjoy the songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment