Thursday, November 24, 2011

#98 Ben Howard - Every Kingdom

I think the following post is one of the most postponed posts in this blog. Whether it was because I just knew I have to write a lot or.. I just wanted to be more familiar with the music of the artist I am going to present you today - I do not know. But the post if finally being writen as you read that..by my half-frozen fingers.

Anyway, there have been few occasions as you know where I present a full album. Today I want to present the whole artist itself. The name is Ben Howard. He is from UK and he plays guitar. He is usually accompanied by Chris who plays bass/drums and India who plays bass/violin. Also - they all sing. In a perfect harmony.

I was lucky enough to see him live just for two songs which were..one of the two most amazing songs I have ever seen live. I have been listening to his album "Every kingdom" through the past months. Those songs were my company through lots of things I have experienced this semester. The only songs I never removed from my phone. They can bring you down and they can raise you up. I had the honour to play one of his songs and I felt so ....good. I won't describe how I ... how I feel and sense that music. It is up to you. I just want you to get familiar with that music cause it is worth listening to. The rest is up to you. This post is a mere transmitter of that music.

Ben Howard - Old pine
Ben Howard - The wolves
Ben Howard - Keep your head up
Ben Howard - Empty corridors
Ben Howard - Diamonds (live)
Ben Howard - The fear
Ben Howard - Only love
Ben Howard - Gracious 

whatever your eye and ear can grasp from that guy. Go for it. Enjoy.

ps. Maybe just a few people would read that post, I do not care. but if you make it that far - all the way to the bottom - this is the first music I actually sent to my parents to listen to. They loved it. I love it. I hope you love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment