Friday, March 4, 2011

#23 Zodiac /post-rock/

Yeah, one of those nights... I've been thinking for a while to do another post-rock (#1) post.. but actually I have this weird observation that people in general do not like that music much. But.. if you give it a chance, at least for me, is pretty moving. That genre has been one of my main music preferences for quite some years. So tonight my mood is perfect for some post-rock.

I will definitely begin with some songs of the band which probably helped me the most to fall in love with that type of music - God is an astronaut (catchy name, huh). I'm not gonna post all of my favourite songs, cuz they are quite a lot.

God is an astronaut - A moment of stillness
God is an astronaut - All is violent, all is bright
God is an astronaut - Zodiac 
God is an astronaut - Forever lost


Another quite extraordinary name - If these trees could talk - whats in the ground belongs to you

If you enjoyed the past 5 songs, I guess I will advice you to do what I am about to do now - watch this set of a band called Tortoise (live in Werchter). Even if just to expand your musical culture a bit, cause those guys are something you do not see every day. Godspeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment