Thursday, January 27, 2011

#1 The beginning aka "A quiet happiness" /post-rock, ambient/

So, the first post.

I suck with words and will try to keep it short. I started the blog (really hate using that word) because of a certain song I found yesterday, it took my two hours to track it down and finally when I heard the beginning, coming from the lovable youtube I just layed down in my bed and thought "Shit, thats a fucking awesome song, more people should hear it". Actually, I heard to song during a "Californication" episode.. umm..yeah..

Not quite sure if I will group songs with a similar sounding in a post, but that rule might apply for that post. Anyway, the band is called Hammock and they play melodic, ambient post-rock. If you are stressed or about to go to bed - this is your music.

Hammock - Andalusia

Hammock - City in the dust on my window


For those of you who are interested in that type of music I will recommend a couple more bands from that or similar genre. Personally, I find most post-rock bands extremely comforting, the perfect tune during the long study nights.

So lets proceed to Jakob, which I fell in love with long time ago. The three-piece band comes from that lovely place called Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand...

...someday, New Zealand, someday!




It was really hard for me to pick up just a few of their songs, because that band is trully amazing


Jakob - calmrock


Jakob - Nice Day for an Earthquake


After quick thought and even quicker hesitation, I decided that your final dose of post-rock will be Explosions In The Sky.

Explosions In The Sky - Your hand in mine

Well, I won't bore you to death so I think that was enough for a first post. If you got even a slightly more interested in that kind of music, than this place is not as useless as i thought :)

2 comments: